Here are 7 ways to reduce the chances of experiencing headaches and to decrease the intensity and frequency of your headaches:
1. Improve your work and home ergonomics to prevent unwanted stress on your neck and back.
2. Avoid spending long periods of time working on a computer, iPad, etc. Take frequent breaks.
3. Do not sleep on your belly. Try sleeping on your sides or back instead.
4. Use a good supportive pillow that keeps your neck in a neutral position while sleeping.
5. Ice your neck for 15 minutes 1 to 2 times per day to reduce your neck tension. Use a gel ice pack wrapped in a moist paper towel or face towel.
6. Keep your neck muscles loose. Stretch your neck muscles gently. Caution: stretching your muscle should not cause pain or aggravate your condition.
7. See a chiropractor. The majority of headaches are tension headaches and originate from neck spine misalignment and joint restriction. Chiropractic is the ideal approach to tension headaches with high success rate.
See our previous post on headache , " Headaches; live with them or get rid of them."